Call for Civil Society Organizations to Join the CSO Platform on Budget Transparency
Eurasia Partnership Foundation is pleased to invite applications from civil society organizations to cofound a CSO Platform on Budget Transparency. The creation of the Platform aims at enhancing coordination among civil society actors to develop common stance on and to increase civil society participation in a national-level dialogue on improving public finance management and budget transparency in Georgia. It is envisioned that the Platform members will meet at least every two months (formal requirement) to discuss new developments, determine advocacy strategies, and unite civil society efforts in budget expenditure monitoring.
Platform Membership Criteria
For the interested CSOs to become members of the Platform, they must be registered in Georgia and be operational for at least a year, with an interest in the field of public expenditure monitoring, budget transparency, or public finance management. Demonstrated experience in implementing actions in the field will be a great asset. The member CSOs must share the Platform goal, as set forth above, and must be willing to engage in constructive issue-based collaboration with other Platform members and stakeholders.
All interested organizations are asked to submit their applications in an electronic format firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate CSO Platform on Budget Transparencyin the subject line of your email.
While the Platform will be open to new members throughout its existence, the deadline for founding members is Tuesday, February 6, 2015, 17:00 Tbilisi time.
Contact Person: Viktor Baramia Tel.: 225-39-42/43. E-mail: email@example.com.
The application should consist of the following information:
1) Name of the organization
2) Legal form of the organization
3) Date of the registration
4) Head of the organization
5) Contact details, including the names of contact person(s)
6) Brief description of the organization’s main activities
7) List of partner organizations (if any)
8) Motivation for the participation in the CSO Platform and how the organization will be able to contribute to the work of the Platform work (maximum 250 words);
9) Short summary of the most important problems that the Platform should address in its work toward improved budget transparency and accountability (maximum 250 words);
10) Short description of past or current projects related to public expenditure management and/or reforming the public expenditure management oversight mechanisms in the country (as applicable) (maximum 250 words).
All applicants will be contacted no later than Wednesday, February 17.